Monday, March 2, 2009

Arrival of Kianna




We are thrilled to announce that our precious baby girl Kianna Hui Robertson Estabrooks has arrived at 13:06 Jan. 22 at Ottawa Queensway Carleton Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds and 11 ounces. Both mom and daughter are safe, we came home on Sunday Jan. 25th.

Kianna cried very loud which shows that she has a personality. She looked a little bit anxious .which seemed to tell that she was not quite ready to meet the world yet -- she was delivered through a scheduled Cesarean section 10 days before the due date because I had complete Placenta Previa -- a high risk pregnancy condition that might cause uncontrolled bleeding before or during delivery.

I was found to have complete Placenta Previa through an routine ultrasound exam when I was 32 weeks pregnant with Kianna. 70% of women with this condition had unexpected bleeding before the baby reaches full-term, in many cases, the baby had to be delivered pre-term by C-Section if the bleeding can not be stopped. The doctor asked me to withdraw from work right away and rest at home. A C-section was scheduled after the baby reaches full-term, but if there was any sign of bleeding before that, I would be rushed to the hospital and baby would be taken out immediately if the bleeding became uncontrollable.

My family, friends, and brothers and sisters in Christ started to pray for me feverently. During the six weeks before the scheduled C-Section, I had zero bleeding, I had been feeling healthy and energetic. Not only that, I had peace in my mind and joy of expecting a new life. I knew it's not from me, God had been watching me and granted me the assurance -- both my baby and I were in His good hands.

Here she is, a healthy full-term baby of miracle. She has been loved and cared by many even before she was born. Her life, my life, and my husband's life have been touched by God's almighty hands and connected to many lives through prayers. We pray that she will grow up to be someone who knows her Creator and serve Him with all she has and all she is.

~ Yu Zhong and Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment